Leather Cleaning & Restoration
Why Chem-Dry’s Leather Upholstery Cleaning Service?
Leather upholstery and furniture in your home provides comfort and beauty and evokes a sense of prestige. With a reputation for great durability and a long life, leather furniture can be a part of your home furnishings for a lifetime. You’ve grown fond of your trusted leather sofa or leather chair. It’s part of your home, don’t let the colour fade or appearance deteriorate beyond repair.
Does your leather upholstery suffer from?
- Fading and leather funishes broken down
- Scratches and scuffs
As an owner of leather upholstery you are bound to experience some of the common problems associated with this kind of furniture.
Dirty Leather Upholstery
- Oils and Grease — Body oils can easily attach and transfer to the head cushions and armrests of your leather upholstery and can cause serious damage to the protective finishes found on leather.
- Atmospheric Soils — Consider the dust that builds up on a coffee table or desk over a week. This same dust is being deposited on your leather. Additionally to this dust, you add airborne cooking oils and atmospheric pollution that is present, to some degree, in every home.
- Common Soils — These soils include the common dirt tracked in from outside and garden by adults, kids and pets.
- Dyes and Inks — The inks from newsprint in newspapers and from a leaky pen can readily be deposited on leather upholstery. Clothes such as denims can transfer dye onto leather in a process called dye transfer.
Many cleaning products currently on the market aren’t suitable for cleaning leather upholstery, and may break down leather finishes, promoting dryness and cracking. Chem-Dry leather cleaning products are safe and endorsed by over 300 tanneries and manufacturers.
Leather upholstery is not cheap, so why take risks over it’s care and appearance. Regular cleaning and maintenance by a certified Chem-Dry leather cleaning professional can prevent any undue wear on your leather furniture and keep it looking great.